Insulated Solar Electric Cooker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
bidjanga
bidjanga
http://www.gerpad.mozello.com

ISEC Cookers and the challenge of managing cooking fuels in Cameroon Empty ISEC Cookers and the challenge of managing cooking fuels in Cameroon

Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:19 am
Cameroon is a coiuntry located in the cenral region of Africa ; among the various challenges we face, we have to manage cooking fuels and light as we face regular energy shortage in some cities , including the shortage of LPG gas .
Are local communities prepared to look for alternative sustainable energy sources to fullfill their daily needs ? Not sure ! Because in our country , solar panels, solar energy are considered as fitting the high paid workers ; they feel it's not for  poor communities .results ? we fid mzny homesd in darkness during energy shortage ; we see many women buyin,g expnsive firewood , to cook their food on a daily basis.
During a conference i was attending at  rural city,I was surprised a village chief told us he heard "solar panels are dangerous as they are bringing desert in the communities" ; I replied by confirming solar panels are not dangerous for the population.
In such an environment, how to convince people to use solar panels for free  light  ? how to implement the use of ISEC kits in kitchen instead of LPG gas or fiorewood ? diificult to reply.But we think, all should start with training ; at the school level . that's why we've launched the ISEC Educational Program and which is aimed to help local secondary students understand and build the ISEC kits for their homes and communities.It's a long term goal and we believe we can succeed, with the help of the ISEC TEAM, the local partners and the local communities.
Regards
Bidjanga Biloa
Coordinator
ISEC Cameroon
Email : uchekafrica@gmail.com.
ISEC Cookers and the challenge of managing cooking fuels in Cameroon Img-2010
ISEC Cookers and the challenge of managing cooking fuels in Cameroon Img-2013
ISEC Cookers and the challenge of managing cooking fuels in Cameroon Img-2013

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum